Today, Saturday 27th November I travelled from Cheltenham to Southampton, I had arranged to travel on the 9.35 FGW departure from Cheltenham to Bristol Temple Meads and then change onto the FGW train from Cardiff to Portsmouth Harbour departing Temple Meads at 11.23 using Groupsave 4 discounted tickets. However the clerk at Cheltenham booking office would not sell us groupsave 4 tickets to Bristol and insisted we purchase off peak day returns to Bristol and then groupsave tickets from Bristol to Southampton.
I could have booked these tickets using groupsave 4 the day before if I had used the internet but decided to wait until this morning in case somebody did not turn up.
Was the clerk correct in not issuing our groupsave tickets for the whole journey and if not how do I complain and get a refund for the excess fares that we have paid.
I could have booked these tickets using groupsave 4 the day before if I had used the internet but decided to wait until this morning in case somebody did not turn up.
Was the clerk correct in not issuing our groupsave tickets for the whole journey and if not how do I complain and get a refund for the excess fares that we have paid.