• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheaper same-day Bristol - London fares?

jazzy

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2014
Messages
153
I'm going to London this afternoon and will return on the 2330 Paddington departure. I can use either Bristol Parkway or Bristol Temple Meads to leave Bristol. I can't see any great savings on the £78 off peak return and there seem to be be far fewer Paddington bound services stopping at Didcot to allow a split there without changing trains. I think the best split only saves less than £5 so I don't see that as being worth changing trains for. Am I missing anything? I don't qualify for any rail-cards on this journey...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jazzy

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2014
Messages
153
Join GWR Rewards for 40% off a return ticket?
Unfortunately the terms are for advance tickets so no use for travelling today...
Discount valid when buying GWR only Advance Single tickets
Thank you though as I'll be able to use that next time...

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Unfortunately the terms are for advance tickets so no use for travelling today...
Ah, you can now buy advance tickets on the day but when I try to buy them via GWR, there are none available today but plenty tomorrow...
 

Top