Hi all
New here so hello to everyone. Hope this is alright to post.
Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th Sept Chatham Model Show at Fort Pitt girls school (about 5 min walk from Chatham Station). This is an excellent show if you are looking for a bargain or two and has some descent layouts. Went last year and bought 40 packets of hornby scatter from a stall for £3. I picked up a Lima Midland Mainline HST 4car set which was nearly new for £40. Also there was someone selling O gauge Lima stock and they were selling Class 31 diesals for £30 (nearly four times that on ebay) and mark2 rolling for £10.Just wish I had bigger pockets as I would have snapped them up and sold them on for a tidy profit. I would say that out of all the stalls/vendors there, about 80% were mainly second hand sellers. Only one major retailer there and that was The Signal Box who have a shop in Rochester, (sadly though since they have become part of Model Zone, there prices are very high).
I will be going on the Sunday. Worth a look around if you have some spare time and spare cash.
cheers Brian
New here so hello to everyone. Hope this is alright to post.
Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th Sept Chatham Model Show at Fort Pitt girls school (about 5 min walk from Chatham Station). This is an excellent show if you are looking for a bargain or two and has some descent layouts. Went last year and bought 40 packets of hornby scatter from a stall for £3. I picked up a Lima Midland Mainline HST 4car set which was nearly new for £40. Also there was someone selling O gauge Lima stock and they were selling Class 31 diesals for £30 (nearly four times that on ebay) and mark2 rolling for £10.Just wish I had bigger pockets as I would have snapped them up and sold them on for a tidy profit. I would say that out of all the stalls/vendors there, about 80% were mainly second hand sellers. Only one major retailer there and that was The Signal Box who have a shop in Rochester, (sadly though since they have become part of Model Zone, there prices are very high).
I will be going on the Sunday. Worth a look around if you have some spare time and spare cash.
cheers Brian