Hello there, perhaps somebody here has some advice or answers that could help me to physically reunite with my phone..
Last night I got off the tube at Oval, went to tap out and realised my phone wasn't on me. To skip ahead, it appears that the phone is, as of writing, still on the tube. I suspect that it fell down the back of the seat, or under it perhaps, and now that I have enabled tracking on it, it appears to still be following (a) northern line route, when above ground.
I submitted a lost property claim but this assumes that it would be found. That it has not already been found, yet is on a train still, suggests that it is in a hard to find place.
I know where I was sitting (albeit not which carriage), have a record of some of the stations it has been at certain times and a suspicion as to which train number it is on (although I managed to catch that last night, went through the empty carriages and found nothing. This was prior to realising it may have gone under a seat).
It is a bit of a long shot and time-dependent thing, so I'm open to ideas!
Also, am I correct in thinking physically it could have gone under a seat? I have a vague recollection that I may have perched on the edge at one point and felt the seat go clunk..
Thanks all!
Last night I got off the tube at Oval, went to tap out and realised my phone wasn't on me. To skip ahead, it appears that the phone is, as of writing, still on the tube. I suspect that it fell down the back of the seat, or under it perhaps, and now that I have enabled tracking on it, it appears to still be following (a) northern line route, when above ground.
I submitted a lost property claim but this assumes that it would be found. That it has not already been found, yet is on a train still, suggests that it is in a hard to find place.
I know where I was sitting (albeit not which carriage), have a record of some of the stations it has been at certain times and a suspicion as to which train number it is on (although I managed to catch that last night, went through the empty carriages and found nothing. This was prior to realising it may have gone under a seat).
- One idea is to go to Morden, wait there and keep tracking the phone to work out which arrival it should be on. Whilst it has power..
- I could update the lost property claim but that seems to be reactive, rather than a pro-active hunt
- Would it be possible to find out from TFL (who and how?) which train it should be on and, therefore, where I should be when to board and search for it?
- Do train numbers follow the same route through a day (e.g. High Barnet to Morden) or is their destination decided as and when they return back down the line from each end?
It is a bit of a long shot and time-dependent thing, so I'm open to ideas!
Also, am I correct in thinking physically it could have gone under a seat? I have a vague recollection that I may have perched on the edge at one point and felt the seat go clunk..
Thanks all!