I wanted to go from London Bridge to Maze Hill on 24/6/24 at about 4.30pm.
Interestingly, there was a Southeastern train at platform 6 which went direct from London Bridge to Maze Hill. As per the display boards, the train was ex-Charing Cross and was scheduled to depart London Bridge at 4.31pm and left about on time. Routing was via the northernmost of the four lines at the Bermondsey underpass (but in the opposite direction to the Thameslink trains which are normally the only users of this line).
The train was originally displayed as going from platform 7 but it was switched to platform 6 at the last minute (only, I think, because platform 7 was occupied).
What gives? Since the rebuilding of London Bridge, there aren't normally any direct trains from Charing Cross to the Greenwich line. I checked the timetable using Journey Planner and can't see this route is timetabled for the same time on 25/6/24.
I think that I've found the details of the 24/6/24 train online, see https://www.recenttraintimes.co.uk/...&MetAvg=Mea&MetSpr=RT&MxScDu=&MxSvAg=&MnScCt=.
A one-off? Something to do with trains not running in the tunnel between Blackheath and Charlton?
Many thanks
Interestingly, there was a Southeastern train at platform 6 which went direct from London Bridge to Maze Hill. As per the display boards, the train was ex-Charing Cross and was scheduled to depart London Bridge at 4.31pm and left about on time. Routing was via the northernmost of the four lines at the Bermondsey underpass (but in the opposite direction to the Thameslink trains which are normally the only users of this line).
The train was originally displayed as going from platform 7 but it was switched to platform 6 at the last minute (only, I think, because platform 7 was occupied).
What gives? Since the rebuilding of London Bridge, there aren't normally any direct trains from Charing Cross to the Greenwich line. I checked the timetable using Journey Planner and can't see this route is timetabled for the same time on 25/6/24.
I think that I've found the details of the 24/6/24 train online, see https://www.recenttraintimes.co.uk/...&MetAvg=Mea&MetSpr=RT&MxScDu=&MxSvAg=&MnScCt=.
A one-off? Something to do with trains not running in the tunnel between Blackheath and Charlton?
Many thanks