• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Charged 2015 price for a TfL Bus & Tram Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicbasher

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2010
Messages
1,839
Location
London
I went to the POM at Canada Water on 30th December, selected the renew button for my pass which ends today (Jan 1) on Oyster where I was offered Jan 2 or Jan 3 only and was charged the 2015 price rather than the 2016 price which comes into effect tomorrow.

Any reason why?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2015
Messages
2,798
Location
Hull
I went to the POM at Canada Water on 30th December, selected the renew button for my pass which ends today (Jan 1) on Oyster where I was offered Jan 2 or Jan 3 only and was charged the 2015 price rather than the 2016 price which comes into effect tomorrow.

Any reason why?

I presume because you purchased the renewal under the terms of the "old" fare scheme
 

traji00

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2009
Messages
243
I went to the POM at Canada Water on 30th December, selected the renew button for my pass which ends today (Jan 1) on Oyster where I was offered Jan 2 or Jan 3 only and was charged the 2015 price rather than the 2016 price which comes into effect tomorrow.

Any reason why?

IIRC the 2016 fares come into effect from Monday 4th.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,435
Location
Yorkshire
The TfL site says fares go up on 2nd January.

So maybe it's because it's a renewal?

Or maybe it's a mistake? (in which case now it's been reported, they will fix it ASAP)

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of these particular fares can enlighten us.
 

bicbasher

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2010
Messages
1,839
Location
London
On the LOROL train I was on earlier, there was a TfL publicity ad clearly stating to renew your season tickets before Jan 2nd.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,849
Location
Epsom
I certainly paid 2016 fares on a local ticket today, so the increase has been implemented.
 

londonbridge

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Messages
1,893
Yes, I made multiple bus journeys yesterday and have been charged £4.50 rather than £4.40.
 

bicbasher

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2010
Messages
1,839
Location
London
Renewed the pass at Charing Cross today. The renew button gave me a full set of dates and was charged the correct 2016 price.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top