• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chaos at Leeds tonight (26/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D6975

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
3,052
Location
Bristol
I arrived about 18:00 to find the board with delayed delayed etc.
A 185 had broken down having made it about 100m or so out of the station westbound. Lovely..
I went to spoons for a meal and a pint, came back to find a whole load of 185s littered around the station and the broken down 185 still blocking the throat. It's finally been moved, and I'm at last moving towards Huddersfield.
Just been talking to someone who was on the failure and he says he was on there for over 2 hours with no air con.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Joined
18 Mar 2014
Messages
5,491
I arrived about 18:00 to find the board with delayed delayed etc.
A 185 had broken down having made it about 100m or so out of the station westbound. Lovely..
I went to spoons for a meal and a pint, came back to find a whole load of 185s littered around the station and the broken down 185 still blocking the throat. It's finally been moved, and I'm at last moving towards Huddersfield.
Just been talking to someone who was on the failure and he says he was on there for over 2 hours with no air con.

Could one of the other 185s (with its electrical block retracted out the way) have been used to shunt the broken down 185 back into the platform (or at least clear of the throat)?
 

alexl92

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2014
Messages
2,368
How did it take SO long to shift one train or at least get it back into the platforms?
 

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,365
Location
Yorkshire
Sounds like Leeds had it rough yesterday afternoon. I was on board the fast Sheffield 158 a couple of hours before hand and noticed the inner vestibule in the leading car had about an inch of water sloshing around the floor, with more dripping down from the air conditioning unit in the ceiling. A fitter soon arrived and declared a failure there and then, cue passengers racing over from 17 to 9b. I just waited for the following Nottingham as I wasn't in a rush though. Thankfully I was well away when the 185 business happened!
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
How did it take SO long to shift one train or at least get it back into the platforms?

Its called Health and Safety!
People want everything protected in cotton wool so they cant really moan when it prevents people using their common sense in a situation like this (see the thread about the TPE guard using his common sense)!
 

Statto

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2011
Messages
4,101
Location
At home or at the pub
Its called Health and Safety!
People want everything protected in cotton wool so they cant really moan when it prevents people using their common sense in a situation like this (see the thread about the TPE guard using his common sense)!
More of the anything untoward happens a claim for comp is put in straight away.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top