• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing Date / Origin and destination on Rail Travel Voucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraser158

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2011
Messages
191
Location
Inverness
I have some rail travel vouchers that I had marked Inverness to Aviemore for today's date but I ended up not travelling today. Also tomorrow I will get the bus to Aviemore instead of the train as the first train does not get me in on time but I will still get the train back.

Is it acceptable to score out what I've written in and change it, or am I snookered?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Cross it out and fill it in with the new details.
 

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
Top tip for rail travel vouchers: Don't fill them in unless you absolutely have to! Whenever I've used them, I hand them to the clerk blank and not even the clerk has filled them in sometimes, if they have just written a ticket number on it and price and filed it away. I was too scared to write on mine in case they were rejected and I had to use them another time!
 

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,826
Location
Back office
I recommend filling them out only at the point of sale. I always check and ask for them to be filled out where it hasn't been done already. I don't see any issue with scoring out the journey details and putting new ones in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top