• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changes to LO Class 315s and 317s

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAB

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2015
Messages
1,304
Location
Anglia
Hello! I'm new, so please don't hurt me! :eek:
Anyway, I recently travelled on one of LO's refurbed 315s, and it got me wondering. As well as the obvious changes such as the new seat covers and the repainted exterior, what changes have been made to both the 315s and the 317s? Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
Hello! I'm new, so please don't hurt me! :eek:
Anyway, I recently travelled on one of LO's refurbed 315s, and it got me wondering. As well as the obvious changes such as the new seat covers and the repainted exterior, what changes have been made to both the 315s and the 317s? Thanks.

In short, none!
 

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,200
Wouldn't imagine that any significant mechanical changes will be made, seeing as the fleet is still maintained at Ilford and the Class 317s may be passed back to the Greater Anglia operator when the new Aventra stock comes into service - pending refurbishment.
 
Joined
2 May 2015
Messages
5
Hello! I'm new, so please don't hurt me! :eek:
Anyway, I recently travelled on one of LO's refurbed 315s, and it got me wondering. As well as the obvious changes such as the new seat covers and the repainted exterior, what changes have been made to both the 315s and the 317s? Thanks.

On the 315s, the vestibules have also been repainted white (from pink), the grab rails repainted orange and maroon, and line diagrams, LO branding etc applied. The seats are firmer, so must have been reupholstered rather than just given new covers. It seems to be a 'low cost, maximum impact' refresh, and IMO is a nice way to have the fleet looking decent for a few more years.

The 317s don't seem to be getting much done internally apart from line diagrams, tube maps etc. I think the toilets are being locked out of use. Most of them have come out of storage, and apart from a few scuffs are in good condition, far nicer than the filthy units AGA used to run. I guess they will be the first trains to be replaced and tend to see most work in peak hours only, also with their large seats they would be more expensive and difficult to reupholster. Leaving them alone is probably the best value option. They'll be quite acceptable as they are for the time being.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top