RichmondCommu
Established Member
G'day everyone.
The above is a journey I made a couple of times in the early 1980s and I have a couple of questions for those with a knowledge of the SNCF.
The loco which hauled the overnight train from Cerbere to Narbonne had a pointy end. Can anyone hazard a guess as to which class of locomotive it might have been?
Most of the stock on the train was Corail but one or two vehicles were painted a shade of green which I'm guessing were much older. Can anyone help with when they might have been built and when they were withdrawn?
Finally the locomotive which hauled the train into Paris had a flat end so again help with identifying it would be most appreciated! Clearly the loco swap took place at Narbonne and I'm curious to know why the loco simply didn't run round its train.
Finally can anyone explain why the train always seemed to stop in Limoges for at least 40 minutes?
Many thanks,
Richmond Commuter!
The above is a journey I made a couple of times in the early 1980s and I have a couple of questions for those with a knowledge of the SNCF.
The loco which hauled the overnight train from Cerbere to Narbonne had a pointy end. Can anyone hazard a guess as to which class of locomotive it might have been?
Most of the stock on the train was Corail but one or two vehicles were painted a shade of green which I'm guessing were much older. Can anyone help with when they might have been built and when they were withdrawn?
Finally the locomotive which hauled the train into Paris had a flat end so again help with identifying it would be most appreciated! Clearly the loco swap took place at Narbonne and I'm curious to know why the loco simply didn't run round its train.
Finally can anyone explain why the train always seemed to stop in Limoges for at least 40 minutes?
Many thanks,
Richmond Commuter!