• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CEF/CLY to Steeton + Silsden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
1,316
Location
Tainan, Taiwan.
Combining my love for non-league football and my aim to go to all the venues in the North West Counties League I'm off to Silsden v Flixton on 27th November. Asking early so things are clear in my head, 6 weeks isn't a long time.

A ticket from Chapel en le Frith to Steeton & Silsden is £15.80 as it routes via MAN + LDS but I can go from Chinley via SHF and LDS and get it for £14. However I don't want to pay that as I'm not that daft and I've priced up a Chinley to Wakefield Westgate ticket, £6.65 then WKF to SON for £3.45.

NRE indicates I'd be taking a Cross Country train from Sheffield to Leeds, that stops at Wakefield on both legs. How do I go about getting that ticket, would it be easy to buy the WKF to SON ticket on my Chinley to Sheffield service? Or should I buy in advance (as an off-peak ticket) to save hassle. After all £5.70 saved will be pretty good.

If I can the ticket for under £10.10 I won't mind travelling via a slower route.


Tom
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,524
Location
Yorkshire
If you board at an unstaffed station then the guard effectively acts as a ticket ofifce (as best they can with their portable machine) and should sell you the combination upon request. Buying in advance is a good idea but not if there is any chance you may cancel the trip (due to the £10 admin fee!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top