• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Catering on the 0820 Aberdeen to Penzance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drsatan

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
1,887
Location
Land of the Sprinters
Good evening,

Next week I'll be travelling on the 0820 XC service from Aberdeen to Penzance all the way to the final stop.

I'm aware XC now operate a static trolley service on most of their trains - is this likely to be in operation on the train I'm on.

Do they offer hot meals? I remember reading somewhere XC trialed a service to pre-order hot meals on a few of their services. However, I'm assuming this ended as there is no mention of it on their website.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,337
Location
Glasgow
Good evening,

Do they offer hot meals? I remember reading somewhere XC trialed a service to pre-order hot meals on a few of their services. However, I'm assuming this ended as there is no mention of it on their website.
They did in First Class as I recall, but their catering page doesn't clearly show if it's been reintroduced
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
I'm aware XC now operate a static trolley service on most of their trains - is this likely to be in operation on the train I'm on.

Do they offer hot meals? I remember reading somewhere XC trialed a service to pre-order hot meals on a few of their services. However, I'm assuming this ended as there is no mention of it on their website.
Yes and Yes.
 

irish_rail

On Moderation
Joined
30 Oct 2013
Messages
4,530
Location
Plymouth
You brave soul. I wish you luck. Just remember when you get to Exeter you still have 3 hours to go!!!!
 

Journeyman

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2014
Messages
6,295
You brave soul. I wish you luck. Just remember when you get to Exeter you still have 3 hours to go!!!!
Yup! I did Dundee to Penzance back in the 90s - all twelve and a half hours of it - and by the end of it I never wanted to see another train again.
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,895
Location
Cambridge
Good evening,

Next week I'll be travelling on the 0820 XC service from Aberdeen to Penzance all the way to the final stop.

I'm aware XC now operate a static trolley service on most of their trains - is this likely to be in operation on the train I'm on.

Do they offer hot meals? I remember reading somewhere XC trialed a service to pre-order hot meals on a few of their services. However, I'm assuming this ended as there is no mention of it on their website.
Rather jealous as I like Voyagers and have often wanted to try this. I believe XC Seatfrog is fixed at £5 for any journey so you might want to check it out?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top