• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Catering on 1024 Eurostar to Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Good evening,

All being well I shall be travelling in Std Premier, 1st Class, on Eurostar from STP to Paris Nord on a weekday and back on the service which arrives in London at 1639. Does anyone know on these two trains if it will be a breakfast or lunch service with drinks on the outbound and a Lunch or afternoon tea on the return? If there is not a large meal likely, I'll get a sandwich to take on board.

Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phil.

Established Member
Joined
10 Oct 2015
Messages
1,323
Location
Penzance
Standard Premier was always advertised as, "a light meal with a drink" as opposed to the full meal on Business Premier.
Eurostar.Com may be your friend.
 

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
1 Sep 2014
Messages
12,017
Location
here to eternity
Good evening,

All being well I shall be travelling in Std Premier, 1st Class, on Eurostar from STP to Paris Nord on a weekday and back on the service which arrives in London at 1639. Does anyone know on these two trains if it will be a breakfast or lunch service with drinks on the outbound and a Lunch or afternoon tea on the return? If there is not a large meal likely, I'll get a sandwich to take on board.

Thank you.

The refreshment offering in "Standard Premier" is nothing like what it used to be right at the beginning. Apart from the additional space, I don't think its now worth the extra over plain standard.
 

anme

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2013
Messages
1,777
The refreshment offering in "Standard Premier" is nothing like what it used to be right at the beginning. Apart from the additional space, I don't think its now worth the extra over plain standard.

I generally agree that it's not worth much extra. However, sometimes it's cheaper - in which case, go for it!
 

ItchyRsole

Member
Joined
15 Mar 2011
Messages
405
Standard Prem very much worth it in my opinion for the large comfortable recline seats, plug sockets and food. Travelled last week and had a lovely vegetarian quiche, croissants, bread rolls with butter and jam, chocolate pudding, 4 beer so, orange juice, water, newspapers. What's not to like!
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
I generally agree that it's not worth much extra. However, sometimes it's cheaper - in which case, go for it!


Yes, the extra space is nice and sometimes the difference in fare is not alot more, especially when having a through fare beyond Paris or Brussels.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,757
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
I'm not personally fussed about First Class freebies, but if the price is reasonable (reasonable to me is around 1.5-1.6 of the Standard fare) then I'd go for it for seat comfort.
 

coupwotcoup

Member
Joined
29 Jul 2007
Messages
287
Around ten/eleven years ago, myself and the lady of the manor used to partake in the Cresta breaks to Brussells/Lille - not a fan of Paris.
They did some great deals - four nights for the price of three, first class on E* and 5 star hotels all for the princely sum of around £200 each.

Our first trip to Brussels was the first time I/we had done first and was shocked as to how good the fare was - including free wine that coming and coming, resulting in the pair of us being **** faced by the time we reached the hotel.

Breakfast was on offer on our return and was equally as good, including Buck's Fizz.

Alas, I've heard that the standard (sic) fare in first is not so good these days....
 

davetheguard

Established Member
Joined
10 Apr 2013
Messages
1,939
Around ten/eleven years ago, myself and the lady of the manor used to partake in the Cresta breaks to Brussells/Lille - not a fan of Paris.
They did some great deals - four nights for the price of three, first class on E* and 5 star hotels all for the princely sum of around £200 each.

Our first trip to Brussels was the first time I/we had done first and was shocked as to how good the fare was - including free wine that coming and coming, resulting in the pair of us being **** faced by the time we reached the hotel.

Breakfast was on offer on our return and was equally as good, including Buck's Fizz.

Alas, I've heard that the standard (sic) fare in first is not so good these days....

I can remember being offered a glass of champagne before the train even left the platform at Waterloo; and hot towels. Breakfast was fine too, although it was scrambled egg rather than fried; easier to re-heat presumably.

That was then. But now, the champagne and hot towels are not offered in what is now called Standard Premier (I've never travelled in Business Premier). Breakfast is now continental style: bread roll, jam, cheese, yoghurt. And all the other food now appears to be cold too; my wife was recently given cold curried fish as her only (pre-booked) gluten-free option. She preferred to stay hungry.
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Now back from teh above trip, outbound we had a light Continental Breakfast of roll, croissant & tea/coffee, return was a choice of a very small cold fishy thing or cheeses, I am glad I called into a cafe and had something before I got on the train, there was wine though. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top