• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Catching Pic line from T3 towards Acton town. Which way is the quickest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDC

Member
Joined
4 Jan 2025
Messages
73
Location
Reading
After clearing customs you follow the signs for the Tube. There are a myriad of travelators , however you pass the entrance of the HEX/ EL terminals to the left. I had a fleeting idea of taking that to T5 and then catching the pic. towards Acton town.
I decided not to, and the entrance to the tube is about a 5 min walk away. Then you have to take the lifts down.
My question is which is the quickest way

a) Take the free train towards T5 and tap in for the Pic. Line
b) Stick to what I did.

I noticed that the pic line was travelling a lot faster on both branches (Heathrow and Uxbridge.) For an old stock it felt like 45mph, I could be wrong. Is this is preparation for the new trains?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sh24

Established Member
Joined
28 Sep 2023
Messages
1,520
Location
London
b) stick to what you did. by the time you've got down to the HEX platforms you would pretty much be on the escalator down to the Piccadilly line.
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,287
For an old stock it felt like 45mph, I could be wrong. Is this is preparation for the new trains?
45mph is the line speed for the Piccadilly Line. The 73 stock is perfectly capable of that (and should be doing that unless there is a temporary speed restriction in place).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top