• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Casper the bus cat, killed by hit and run driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mumrar

Established Member
Joined
26 Sep 2008
Messages
2,650
Location
Redditch
Whilst I understand peoples sentiments, and the owners upset, the title to this thread is misleading. Hit and run is a wholly unlawful action carried out by someone driving a car. As set out in the Highway Code a driver is neither expected to avoid, nor stop and report any collision involving an animal of this size. Harsh but true, it's happened to a cat of mine, and whilst upset I wasn't out for justice. Imagine how the flip side could read : A driver who swerved to avoid a cat crossing the road to catch a bus has been charged today after causing the death of two people in an oncoming vehicle.
 

37401

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
3,276
Location
Birmingham
Yeah very true, "Hit and run" was used in the paper so I decided I might as well use thier title :lol:
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
You are all being really unsympathetic here. I remember reading about Casper when the news of his adventures first came out and found it really amusing (especially given my moggy hates travelling). I accept the point about not hitting other people but Casper was much loved, and proof to us all that First can be a decent company sometimes.
 

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2009
Messages
1,660
Location
Greater London
It is pretty sad as my cat was killed by a car a couple of weeks ago although I am sure by law the rule is that you have to drive on if a cat or somthing is in the road meaning you would have to kill it like it or not.

Although I would not blame the driver as the cat probally run out right in front of him although he could of had the decency to pull over to the side of the road and see if the cat was ok or atleast could of helped it.
 

TrainBrain185

Member
Joined
2 Jun 2009
Messages
310
Location
County Durham
You are all being really unsympathetic here. I remember reading about Casper when the news of his adventures first came out and found it really amusing (especially given my moggy hates travelling). I accept the point about not hitting other people but Casper was much loved, and proof to us all that First can be a decent company sometimes.
I concur. I remember Casper's adventures making the national news last year. He brought some welcome smiles after a bulletin of normally dire and depressing events. So news of his loss was sad to read....
 

43021HST

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2008
Messages
1,565
Location
Taunton
Cats on busses is old news though, my cats a basher :lol:...well he will be

I think Grosmont on the NYMR had a dog on the station, but I dont think it got on any trains.

Good luck trying to sneak him/her on an extremely crowded voyager thats all I can say.
 

37401

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
3,276
Location
Birmingham
I think Grosmont on the NYMR had a dog on the station, but I dont think it got on any trains.

Good luck trying to sneak him/her on an extremely crowded voyager thats all I can say.

Dogs bah!, what do they know, crap on the floor, bite that human, chase those people and bite them, look ugly, bark, dribble

cats, get on the bus, groom, sleep, get off bus.

also I said my cats a basher not a voyager veg :P, he will do 37264 with me
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Owning a cat is pretty good as it will go somewhere else to do its business.

Having an allotment next to a large population of cats doing their business in your newly dug bed is not good though.
 

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2009
Messages
1,660
Location
Greater London
Dogs bah!, what do they know, crap on the floor, bite that human, chase those people and bite them, look ugly, bark, dribble

cats, get on the bus, groom, sleep, get off bus.

also I said my cats a basher not a voyager veg :P, he will do 37264 with me

I may have cats but it was not my choice to get them I usually hate the things.

I prefer dogs more, espicially my old Bull-Mastiff thanks :) (Although its not a fan of the railways and hates 'Networkers'! :D).
 

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2009
Messages
1,660
Location
Greater London
Only if I was suitably equipped with a crowbar, club or other large weapon.

On a serious note they are some of the nicest breeds I have come across (Talking as a Bull-Mastiff dog handler) it is the Jack russel terriers and many other types of smaller breeds which are on the fisty side, although rottys(Males) and pitt-bulls are the only bigger breed I am quite nervous around as they are known to 'turn' on you when you least expect it.

I can also say a club would be useless too! :lol:
 

37401

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
3,276
Location
Birmingham
Only if I was suitably equipped with a crowbar, club or other large weapon.

Very true, Im the same If I see a dog and its not on a lead I usually end up going another way or walking across the road, more so if its a pitbull, the other day I had a shock when I went round the corner and there was one staring at me in the face, lucky I dont think it saw beyond its ugly nose
 
Last edited:

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Accoring to today's Metro, Caspar is going to be in a new story book for children. However I somehow think they may change the ending a bit...

Still, in Bambi they Disney did kill off its mother. Hmm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top