Moderator note: split from
www.railforums.co.uk
Hi everyone.
This post is not asking for advice, more just an update on the situation as it may be useful to others who get caught up with this issue.
I ultimately decided to pursue representation with Manak solicitors for peace of mind, as I was struggling with the stress.
After a week of instructing them, I got a call this morning saying they had been able to convince Chiltern to settle in principle, however the amount was still being negotiated (prosecution off the table thankfully).
What was interesting however, was all cases currently under investigation by Chiltern have been put on hold according to Manak, due to the ORR auditing Chiltern after the SJPN scandal.
My solicitor said this was quite odd as other companies weren't being audited and Chiltern had never had a history of malpractice, but stated he couldn't be sure when they'd be able to continue working on it. I'm thankful that he was at least able to convince them to settle in the time, and now I can simply wait for them to get back to me on the price of settlement.
The stress and financial burden fare evasion creates is horrible, please don't do it to save £4-5.
Any comments on why this is happening (ORR issue) would be appreciated.
URGENT: SHORTENED JOURNEY ISSUE
URGENT: SHORTENED TICKET ISSUE So I bought a ticket accidentally from denham to London marylebone instead of high Wycombe to London marylebone. Once I saw the inspector on the train, I checked my ticket to make sure it was okay, realised I bought the wrong one and quickly bought the correct one...
This post is not asking for advice, more just an update on the situation as it may be useful to others who get caught up with this issue.
I ultimately decided to pursue representation with Manak solicitors for peace of mind, as I was struggling with the stress.
After a week of instructing them, I got a call this morning saying they had been able to convince Chiltern to settle in principle, however the amount was still being negotiated (prosecution off the table thankfully).
What was interesting however, was all cases currently under investigation by Chiltern have been put on hold according to Manak, due to the ORR auditing Chiltern after the SJPN scandal.
My solicitor said this was quite odd as other companies weren't being audited and Chiltern had never had a history of malpractice, but stated he couldn't be sure when they'd be able to continue working on it. I'm thankful that he was at least able to convince them to settle in the time, and now I can simply wait for them to get back to me on the price of settlement.
The stress and financial burden fare evasion creates is horrible, please don't do it to save £4-5.
Any comments on why this is happening (ORR issue) would be appreciated.