• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carnet Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPeanut70

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2017
Messages
12
Hi I live in Peterborough and I understand I can buy Carnet tickets at Huntington. I commute into London two days a week and come back to Peterborough Friday evening. Any advice would be appreciated re the questions below.

1) I will be using the tickets at peak time I understand they are singles but do I have to go through the barrier at Huntington with them or can I buy a return ticket Peterborough to Huntington on a Monday and write out the date etc on the carnet ticket before I travel (Huntington to Kings Cross)

2) Do I have to buy a pack of return tickets for my Monday travel as I will be heading back to Peterborough Monday evening?

3) Can they be used at Kings Cross again just a single ticket Friday evening going back to Peterborough?

4) Can I buy a pack of 10 and pack of 5 at the same time??

Thank you:)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,286
Location
Connah's Quay
Hi I live in Peterborough and I understand I can buy Carnet tickets at Huntington. I commute into London two days a week and come back to Peterborough Friday evening. Any advice would be appreciated re the questions below.

1) I will be using the tickets at peak time I understand they are singles but do I have to go through the barrier at Huntington with them or can I buy a return ticket Peterborough to Huntington on a Monday and write out the date etc on the carnet ticket before I travel (Huntington to Kings Cross)
No, but you have to catch a train which stops in Huntingdon. The Carnet T&C are here. They don't say anything about using them with other tickets. The National Rail Conditions of Travel say that, unless the ticket conditions say otherwise, you can combine two tickets whenever your train stops at the station where you change from one to the other. This is the same for single and return tickets.

2) Do I have to buy a pack of return tickets for my Monday travel as I will be heading back to Peterborough Monday evening?
No, you can use a return ticket from Peterborough to Huntingdon and carnet tickets from Huntingdon to London.

3) Can they be used at Kings Cross again just a single ticket Friday evening going back to Peterborough?
Yes, they're valid all week.

4) Can I buy a pack of 10 and pack of 5 at the same time??

Thank you:)
I don't think there's any restriction at all on how many you can buy at once. They are valid for three months from the day you buy them, though.
 

KPeanut70

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2017
Messages
12
Hi kieron thank you so much for your help and answers you have been a fabulous help:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top