There is some demand for travel between the place that would served by a reopened line, there is no doubt of that. There will eb those who want to travel between Lampeter and Welshpool, just as there will be those who might wish to travel between Ystalyfera and Craven Arms.
The question is whether it's economically justifiable. The railway can't be expected to cater for every possible flow, that line of thinking went out decades ago.
I don't think that there will be any great difference in journey times between Aber and the Cambrian Coast via Carmarthen as opposed to via Shrewsbury. There certainly won't be enough to attract droves of new rail users, when they could drive the same journey in much less than by either route.
Realistically we're looking at whether there is sufficient demand for journeys to and from intermediate stops, maybe that includes Aber to Llanelli, Llanybydder to Port Talbot and Tregaron to Kidwelly, but even including all of the possible permutations, I still don't think that the demand is there in sufficient numbers.
Even if I did, there would then be the question of whether there are more deserving cases for reopening.
The question is whether it's economically justifiable. The railway can't be expected to cater for every possible flow, that line of thinking went out decades ago.
I don't think that there will be any great difference in journey times between Aber and the Cambrian Coast via Carmarthen as opposed to via Shrewsbury. There certainly won't be enough to attract droves of new rail users, when they could drive the same journey in much less than by either route.
Realistically we're looking at whether there is sufficient demand for journeys to and from intermediate stops, maybe that includes Aber to Llanelli, Llanybydder to Port Talbot and Tregaron to Kidwelly, but even including all of the possible permutations, I still don't think that the demand is there in sufficient numbers.
Even if I did, there would then be the question of whether there are more deserving cases for reopening.