I'm off for a wee jaunt on Monday from Edinburgh to the North West of England (I know not very specific). I want to end up in Windermere but don't mind how I do it.
I work for First so I'm lucky enough to get free travel on TPE so will be getting the 07:42 dep ex Edinburgh. As that train runs express between Carlisle and Preston I was thinking of getting of at Carlisle and travelling via Hellifield to Lancaster were I could pick up a northbound TPE for Oxenhome or even direct to Windermere if I'm lucky.
I could walk between Settle & Giggleswick.
What is the best option re tickets for this route? I've got a TOCNE 75% priv discount card.
Cheers.
I work for First so I'm lucky enough to get free travel on TPE so will be getting the 07:42 dep ex Edinburgh. As that train runs express between Carlisle and Preston I was thinking of getting of at Carlisle and travelling via Hellifield to Lancaster were I could pick up a northbound TPE for Oxenhome or even direct to Windermere if I'm lucky.
I could walk between Settle & Giggleswick.
What is the best option re tickets for this route? I've got a TOCNE 75% priv discount card.
Cheers.
