• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Carlisle Bury St Edmunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheds

Member
Joined
29 Feb 2012
Messages
113
Hi there

I'm trying to guide a friend who does carlisle - Bury St Edmunds 3/4 times per year. He sometimes does the trip direct, but will often break journey at Newcastle or London or both on the way in/out. Typical stay is three to five days.
I'm struggling a bit on routes - NRE invariably takes me via Manchester, which takes out London and Newcastle. I've put in an over ride via Crewe an derby which is a bit cheaper after splitting but of course doesn't take in Newcastle or London.
I'm aware that an off peak return can break on the return, so have suggested this. He has senior railcard.

I've also looked at on line split engines but think maybe this one could be down to a bit of,intuition. Any interesting perspectives on this? Many thanks in advance to all.

and in return...Carlisle Settle Leeds reopens tomorrow, march 31. The DayRover at £15 per day offer has now been extended until May 20th. Bargain if you didn't know!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top