Mark8par
Member
Evening all, I am looking to change my career path from a self employed carpenter and work for a rail company and need a little advice, I am 52 years young.
There looks to be many different roles but I like the idea of a train driver and it would appear this is a popular choice, I appreciate to achieve this it may be better for me to take up another role first and then look to do this internally.
I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to direct me.
Am I too old for this, are rail companies interested in employees my age?
What roles would you recommend for this career path?
Are there only certain stations that are the base for drivers or staff as I am 45 mins to 1hr 15 from Manchester and I know the importance of 45 min travel time.
I am sure other questions will come from replies but thanks for any help
Mark
There looks to be many different roles but I like the idea of a train driver and it would appear this is a popular choice, I appreciate to achieve this it may be better for me to take up another role first and then look to do this internally.
I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to direct me.
Am I too old for this, are rail companies interested in employees my age?
What roles would you recommend for this career path?
Are there only certain stations that are the base for drivers or staff as I am 45 mins to 1hr 15 from Manchester and I know the importance of 45 min travel time.
I am sure other questions will come from replies but thanks for any help
Mark