• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cardiff to Worthing on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,038
Location
Gloucester
Evening all,

I'm going down to Brighton for the weekend (staying in Worthing with friends). I'm booked on a HST from Cardiff to Paddington, then on a Southern from Victoria to Worthing.

From Paddington, am I correct in thinking that the best way to get to Victoria is the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus, then the Victoria down? Or is it better to get the Circle A/C and go right round via HSK? Got a feeling the former, from past experience. Then at Victoria, my train is a dividing service, with one portion for Littlehampton and another for Eastbourne, so I'll need to make my way to the front four carriages won't I? I presume it'll be an 8 car unit, splitting at Haywards Heath?

Looking forward to it as I haven't been down on the train for years!

Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
26 Oct 2014
Messages
12
The weather down south is excellent at the moment and I was working along Worthing seafront yesterday in shirt sleeves. The train from Victoria will split at Haywards Heath and depending on the time of service you will either need to travel in the front or rear portion, but generally the automated announcements are pretty good and the guards regularly patrol the trains and can give advice. Have a good weekend, as Brighton is fantastic any time of year and really easy to get too from Worthing.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,038
Location
Gloucester
The weather down south is excellent at the moment and I was working along Worthing seafront yesterday in shirt sleeves. The train from Victoria will split at Haywards Heath and depending on the time of service you will either need to travel in the front or rear portion, but generally the automated announcements are pretty good and the guards regularly patrol the trains and can give advice. Have a good weekend, as Brighton is fantastic any time of year and really easy to get too from Worthing.

Ah really? Great, thanks for that! I don't mind the cold but a bit of sun would be nice, just as long as it doesn't rain!

I got a feeling I'll be on the front portion, as ours leaves Haywards Heath first.

Thanks very much, been going to Brighton my whole life but due to personal circumstances I haven't been since February 2013! So I'm really excited to return, and staying in Worthing will be different as well. I think we're going to get the 700 bus into Brighton.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,840
Location
West of Andover
Bakerloo to Oxford Circus, then cross-platform interchange to Victoria line down to Victoria itself.

The 377s will shout which part of the train you are in (i.e. this is coach 1 of 8) so you should be able to tell if you are in the correct part for the spilt.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,840
Location
Nowhere Heath
I'm going to be down on the South Coast this Friday and then Saturday morning too! As Kite159 confirms, Bakerloo Paddington to Oxford Circus for a ridiculously easy connection onto the Victoria line. Head towards the back of the Bakerloo train for the easiest connection and the quickest in my experience.

I'm due to be on the 1313 from Milton Keynes Central though, so we won't be on the same trains as each other. I'm on Southern back to Victoria (1024 BTN-VIC I think for me) Saturday morning and onwards, after a Tube move, to Hereford via New Street with LM.

I'll be cranking all day when I'm down there, and you're going to be busy whilst there, but if you're about or going to be on the same train from BTN let me know!
 

James Wake

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
962
I am doing a Southern DaySave on Saturday as well, starting with either the 0707 Crawley to Southampton Central as far as Portchester or the 0818. I then have to run an errand in Horsham, then will see how the day pans out.
 

Crawley Ben

Member
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Messages
557
Location
West Worthing
Going to veer of course here somewhat (sorry). I travelled from Seaford - Brighton (return) on Tuesday and my adult fare only came to £4.80! I've never paid such a cheap fare in all my 30 years on this planet. The Southern Railway EMU (Class 313?) wasn't paticuarly comfortable but for a 35 min ride I can't complain too much. I am still stunned now at how cheap the fair is!

Ben
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top