Willie Bee
Member
My wife and I are considering having a short trip to Cardiff from Newcastle for later in the year.
I realise train tickets are not available yet, but I have been looking at similar days to get an idea of routes.
We usually travel out on a Sunday, then return on a Wednesday or Thursday. It is quite far, so I thought about having a break of journey on the way home, at Manchester.
Looking at fares (see images) I was amazed (shocked) to see the whole journey (CDF-NCL) would be £58.40 but if we decide to stay at Manchester it would be £54 (just under a fiver less) plus £29.90 heading to Newcastle the following day.
These fares don't seem too bad .. or are there better options .. maybe travelling via Liverpool, Leeds or York .. any ideas please ??
I realise train tickets are not available yet, but I have been looking at similar days to get an idea of routes.
We usually travel out on a Sunday, then return on a Wednesday or Thursday. It is quite far, so I thought about having a break of journey on the way home, at Manchester.
Looking at fares (see images) I was amazed (shocked) to see the whole journey (CDF-NCL) would be £58.40 but if we decide to stay at Manchester it would be £54 (just under a fiver less) plus £29.90 heading to Newcastle the following day.
These fares don't seem too bad .. or are there better options .. maybe travelling via Liverpool, Leeds or York .. any ideas please ??