• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cardiff to Cheltenham Single valid via Bristol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancnq

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2011
Messages
43
I've bought an Anytime Day Single from Cardiff Bay to Cheltenham Spa for next week, but my plans have changed and I now want to spend the day in Salisbury.

According to trainscanbecheaper.info the ticket I already have is valid via Bristol Temple Meads, so I could in theory travel from Cardiff to Temple Meads on the above ticket, purchase a day return to Salisbury and then when I get back to Temple Meads, continue on the original ticket up to Cheltenham.

Do you in the know think this would be OK? Is the Cardiff Bay to Cheltenham Anytime Day Single really valid to go via and break my journey at Bristol Temple Meads?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,286
Location
Connah's Quay
According to trainscanbecheaper.info the ticket I already have is valid via Bristol Temple Meads, so I could in theory travel from Cardiff to Temple Meads on the above ticket, purchase a day return to Salisbury and then when I get back to Temple Meads, continue on the original ticket up to Cheltenham.
A return from Bristol Parkway to Salisbury certainly would be, and it's the same price as a Temple Meads one, so I'd go with that.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Yes, Cardiff Bay to Cheltenham Spa is valid via Bristol Group, which includes both Parkway and Temple Meads.

I agree that breaking your journey at Parkway would be less "controversial" than Temple Meads, if at all, so a Bristol Parkway - Salisbury ticket is what you need.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top