• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Car turns on to live tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Isn't it about time we introduced self-driving cars? As I said elsewhere it's curious that we allow ordinary people to be in control of large blocks of metal that are potentially lethal weapons called cars.


mercedes have already got a car that can do this.. sort of.. I think BMW have too.
 

Zoe

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2008
Messages
5,905
Google have also been testing a car that can drive itself with absolutely no human input. So far the tests have covered large distances in California and there have been no serious incidents.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Google have also been testing a car that can drive itself with absolutely no human input. So far the tests have covered large distances in California and there have been no serious incidents.

probably using peoples wifi connections
 

Dennis

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2005
Messages
2,676
Location
Trowbridge
Google have also been testing a car that can drive itself with absolutely no human input. So far the tests have covered large distances in California and there have been no serious incidents.

Have there been minor incidents then? The sort that with a bit of bad luck can have tragic consequences.

The first place I'd have sent the Google driverless car would have been a McDonalds drive through <(
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
She must be British and comprehensive school educated to do such a thing. <D<D<D

I could take great offence at these comments as I'm proud to be British and had a comprehensive school education before the powers to be decided to make it a community school yet it's done me no harm indeed other then one prang while learning how to drive, I'm pleased of my driving record.

If anything, it's fairly obvious what's going to be blamed here and it's not the driver although she must take responsibility, it's the Sat Nav which is going to be blamed with the comment that "It told me to take that route" never mind the fact that it's the driver who's in control of the car and not any extras.

As to charging drivers by Network Rail for the delay incurred, I think they should also look into doing that for these who jump lights at crossings.
 

Firestarter

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2009
Messages
555
I could take great offence at these comments as I'm proud to be British and had a comprehensive school education before the powers to be decided to make it a community school yet it's done me no harm indeed other then one prang while learning how to drive, I'm pleased of my driving record.

If anything, it's fairly obvious what's going to be blamed here and it's not the driver although she must take responsibility, it's the Sat Nav which is going to be blamed with the comment that "It told me to take that route" never mind the fact that it's the driver who's in control of the car and not any extras.

As to charging drivers by Network Rail for the delay incurred, I think they should also look into doing that for these who jump lights at crossings.

@ajax103 I myself am proud to be British and comprehensive school educated. If you read through a different discussion started by chuckles1066 http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39318 you will see I was taking the opportunity to have a tiny dig at @chuckles1066. So no need to take offense. :|<D;)
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
@ajax103 I myself am proud to be British and comprehensive school educated. If you read through a different discussion started by chuckles1066 http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39318 you will see I was taking the opportunity to have a tiny dig at @chuckles1066. So no need to take offense. :|<D;)

I was stating I could have found it offensive, however it didn't really bother me, I was just stating in these times it could have been offensive.

Trust me, if I had grounds of complaint against your post you would soon know, don't worry about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top