• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cancelling seat reservations (Forum ticketing site, with splits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4COR

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2019
Messages
892
Location
W Oxon (UWL exile)
I have an upcoming journey with my daughter (Reading - Paignton) on a direct train. The forum site has sold us tickets with splits at Newbury and Castle Cary. All good, except the seat reservations are different for each leg of the split (I understand from the FAQ this is part of the process that might be unavoidable). If I can book my own seat reservations, is there any way we can cancel the reservations we have (it seems pointless having a load of unused reservations...)?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam Williams

Established Member
Joined
2 Jan 2018
Messages
3,626
Location
Warks
If you let customer services know, they can cancel the unnecessary seat reservations provided they were for flexible, walk-up tickets.

Unless they're Advances - my understanding is that there are yield management implications if the reservations related to Advances are cancelled without the tickets being refunded, so staff wouldn't free those up ordinarily.

For future reference, there is a Seat Selector you can use to try and select better seats. If you forget, but contact customer services after booking, they'll be able to make you new seat reservations a bit more seamlessly.
 

4COR

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2019
Messages
892
Location
W Oxon (UWL exile)
If you let customer services know, they can cancel the unnecessary seat reservations provided they were for flexible, walk-up tickets.

Unless they're Advances - my understanding is that there are yield management implications if the reservations related to Advances are cancelled without the tickets being refunded, so staff wouldn't free those up ordinarily.

For future reference, there is a Seat Selector you can use to try and select better seats. If you forget, but contact customer services after booking, they'll be able to make you new seat reservations a bit more seamlessly.
Ok great - thanks - will bear in mind re selector (I hadn't clocked about the seats until I checked the reservations afterwards. The first two legs are singles, the last is a Family advance, so at least I can free up the ones as for as Castle Cary (I got a through seat reservation via the TPE app anyhow now...)).

Thanks for the help!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top