• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cancelled Train with Advance Ticket and connections

Mike99

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2011
Messages
863
Location
G E M L
Hi, Need a bit of information please, I'm fairly sure that my 17:32 from Newport to London Paddington tomorrow, Saturday, is cancelled, although RTT is showing it running, GWR site is showing it as cancelled. I know I'll be able to travel on the 18:32 arrives London Paddington at 20:20, but I have an advance for the 20:30 form London Liverpool Street back to Stowmarket which I shall miss, just checking, do I get the Train Manager on the GWR service to endorse my Stowmarket ticket to travel on a later service. Thanks in advance
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gaelan

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2023
Messages
1,008
Location
Edinburgh
Need a bit of information please, I'm fairly sure that my 17:32 from Newport to London Paddington tomorrow, Saturday, is cancelled, although RTT is showing it running, GWR site is showing it as cancelled
It’ll be cancelled. The data sources RTT uses are designed to record what happened in the past and what’s happening now; it doesn’t always get information on what’s happening in the future.


I know I'll be able to travel on the 18:32 arrives London Paddington at 20:20, but I have an advance for the 20:30 form London Liverpool Street back to Stowmarket which I shall miss, just checking, do I get the Train Manager on the GWR service to endorse my Stowmarket ticket to travel on a later service.
You’ll be fine. Getting an endorsement may simplify things, but I’ve never bothered; you should be allowed to travel with just an explanation of what happened.
 

Mike99

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2011
Messages
863
Location
G E M L
It’ll be cancelled. The data sources RTT uses are designed to record what happened in the past and what’s happening now; it doesn’t always get information on what’s happening in the future.



You’ll be fine. Getting an endorsement may simplify things, but I’ve never bothered; you should be allowed to travel with just an explanation of what happened.
Thank you for the information
 

Snow1964

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2019
Messages
11,170
Location
West Wiltshire
GWR normally allow those with advances for a cancelled train to travel on the preceding service (often two before), which is useful if you need to connect. Especially important when connecting into one of last trains of the day which you would miss.

But worth checking on their social media
 

Top