• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cancelled train - claim for delay repay but was it cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulttt

Member
Joined
7 May 2025
Messages
8
Location
Tamworth
Hi all,

Yesterday, I travelled from Edinburgh to Tamworth. I was due to travel
1252 Edb to Stafford arr 1622
1632 Stafford to Tamworth arr 1655

The 1632 was cancelled so I had to get the 1732 instead. Arriving just over an hour late.

I know I am entitled to 100pc refund of the advance single purchase price.

However,

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:L33419/2025-08-19#allox_id=0 suggests the train actually ran but was late
https://www.ontimetrains.co.uk/departures-arrivals/202508197633419;departure=16:32 says it was cancelled (at least didn't stop at Stafford)

Do any of you very clever people know why they might be saying different things?
There is a big difference between 50pc and 100pc of the train fare - and it definitely was cancelled and didn't stop at Stafford!

Thank you!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,674
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Realtime Trains says it was cancelled (it's in the header). It will have run as empty stock hence the timings - the fault will have been something whereby it could move but could not carry passengers, e.g. a door interlock fault or similar.
 

paulttt

Member
Joined
7 May 2025
Messages
8
Location
Tamworth
Realtime Trains says it was cancelled (it's in the header). It will have run as empty stock hence the timings - the fault will have been something whereby it could move but could not carry passengers, e.g. a door interlock fault or similar.
Thank you!

I was (more than) slightly confused as I knew it hadn't run!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top