• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cancellation of last through Mildmay line service

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPhil

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
305
Yesterday, because of a reduced service, the last Mildmay service from West Brompton to Stratford (22:25) was cancelled (it actually started at Willesden Junction). I had planned to catch this train to West Hampstead and then onwards to St Albans. The ticket I had was only valid by this route. Fortunately, I arrived at West Brompton slightly earlier than anticipated, so was able to catch the one before. Had I not managed this, would I have been able to use an alternative route (i.e. Underground) for no extra charge or would I have been expected to pay out and attempt to claim back later?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,816
Location
UK
Missing the last train via your ticket's only valid route doesn't automatically entitle you to use transport providers outside the NRCoT (e.g. the Underground).

However, London Overground would be obliged to make alternative transport arrangements for you, so in practice it's highly likely that your ticket would be accepted on the Underground.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top