i regularly get train from Bridlington to Hull and back I have a disabled railcard for I think 30% off the fare. I have to get the ticket before getting the train to get the money off. This means on some occasions I have got the tickets but missed the train due to there being a long queue for tickets not the train companies fault as train do normally run on time. So rather than wait for next train I decide to drive instead of getting train.
I am wondering if this happens again or if I don’t use the train after getting the ticket could I get a refund if I keep the tickets and would I be able to get refund after the date displayed on the tickets. I mean like a few days to a week after.
The train company I use is northern but I buy tickets at the station from person selling them. I’ve read you can get refund for unused tickets but there could be a few to pay for refund which could be upto £10 which in my case would not be worth it as the ticket costs just under £9.
I am wondering if this happens again or if I don’t use the train after getting the ticket could I get a refund if I keep the tickets and would I be able to get refund after the date displayed on the tickets. I mean like a few days to a week after.
The train company I use is northern but I buy tickets at the station from person selling them. I’ve read you can get refund for unused tickets but there could be a few to pay for refund which could be upto £10 which in my case would not be worth it as the ticket costs just under £9.
