• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can you buy a Glasgow Roundabout in Edinburgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signed

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2024
Messages
2,388
Location
ROI
I have done this last year, but I bought the ticket at a TVM at Glasgow Central

Since that would save me a few pounds to attend the next forum meal, and that I would need it to take my train to Glasgow (wanting to buy a Edinburgh-Croy off-peak day return along with it), do they sell the roundabout in Edinburgh?

SPT says that it's only available from the on-train staff or from a rail station in the SPT zone, which is confusing in itself since I got mine from the TVM.

I assume all Scotrail TVM do sell them, but with regard to prepardness, I prefer to check with the experts here


Roundabout tickets are only available to purchase from ScotRail. These are available at any staffed rail station (in the area shown on the map below) and from on-train staff.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

davp

Member
Joined
5 Jun 2015
Messages
181
Just checking in that the Roundabout isn't valid past Dalreoch. It depends if you are making any more use of the Roundabout, but if not a split (to Balloch) at Glasgow might be slightly cheaper.
 

signed

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2024
Messages
2,388
Location
ROI
It is I think £3 cheaper to split in Glasgow, but I would prefer to have the flexibility to take CityLink from Edinburgh to Glasgow to avoid doubling back to Waverley or Haymarket depending where I end up staying, or where I am getting a fryup in Glasgow in the morning.
 
Last edited:

TUC

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2010
Messages
5,093
Just checking in that the Roundabout isn't valid past Dalreoch. It depends if you are making any more use of the Roundabout, but if not a split (to Balloch) at Glasgow might be slightly cheaper.
My wife is from Alexandria, just past Dalreoch, and the lack of availability for the few remaining stations to Balloch was a source of puzzlement and frustration to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top