• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can someone tell me the full formation for these trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittern

Established Member
Joined
8 Apr 2009
Messages
1,919
Location
Scotland
Just for reference for a model layout sometime in the future, I'd like to know the full formation of these trains.

NXEC InterCity 225
NXEC InterCity 125
Virgin Pendolino
Virgin Super Voyager
XC HST
XC Super Voyager

Thanks.

Edit:

I think I may have put this in the wrong forum. If so, I apologise.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
nxec intercity 225
91/1-TSOE-TSO-TSO-TSO-TSOD-SV-FO-FO-FO-DVT

nxec intercity 125
DMB-TGS-TSO-TSO-TSO-TSO-TSO-TRFB-FO-FO-DMB

virgin pendolino
DMRFO-MFOD-PTFO-MFO-TSO-MSO-PTSRMB-MSO-DMSO

virgin super voyager
DMSL-MS-MS-MS-DMF

I would presume the XC HST would be similar to the NXEC one, but maybe with one less TSO. And I think the SuperVoyagers are the same.
 
Last edited:

Bittern

Established Member
Joined
8 Apr 2009
Messages
1,919
Location
Scotland
I'm sorry, but I don't even know what all that stands for. I don't really know much about carriages.
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
I'm sorry, but I don't even know what all that stands for. I don't really know much about carriages.

I'm not really sure what you are asking then because these are the formations you asked for?

Do you just want to know the basics such as '4 first and 5 standard'?
 

westcoaster

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2006
Messages
4,514
Location
DTOS A or B
i think he means tso/dvt and such like.

TSO = trailer/tourist? standard open
DVT = Driving van trailer
FO = First open
TGS = Trailer guards standard
MS + Motor standard
DMF = Driving motor first
PTFO + Pantograph trailer first open

im sure you can try and work out the rest from the above examples
 

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
TSOE - Trailer Standard Open (End)
TSO - Trailer Standard Open
TSOD - Trailer Standard Open (Disabled toilet)
SV - Service Vehicle
FO - First Open
DVT - Driving Van Trailer

DMB - Driving Motor Brake
TGS - Trailer Guard Standard (Open)
TSO - Trailer Standard Open
TRFB - Trailer Restaurant First Buffet
FO - First Open

DMRFO - Driving Motor Restaurant First Open
MFOD - Motor First Open Disabled
PTFO - Pantograph Trailer First Open
MFO - Motor First Open
TSO - Trailer Standard Open
MSO - Motor Standard Open
PTSRMB - Pantograph Trailer Standard Resaurant Mini Buffet
MSO - Motor Standard Open
DMSO - Driving Mototr Standard Open

DMSL - Driving Motor Standard Lavatory
MS - Motor Standard
DMF - Driving Motor First
 

Bittern

Established Member
Joined
8 Apr 2009
Messages
1,919
Location
Scotland
I'm not really sure what you are asking then because these are the formations you asked for?

Do you just want to know the basics such as '4 first and 5 standard'?

That was what I was originally after, but 90019 educated me, so all's good.
Thanks again, dude!
 
Last edited:

devon_metro

Established Member
Joined
11 Oct 2005
Messages
7,714
Location
London
XC HST
TFD TCC TS TS TS TS TSD TGS

TS Trailer Standard
TCC Trailer Composite Catering
TFD Trailer First Disabled
TSD Trailer Standard Disabled
TGS Trailer Guard Standard
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top