• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can I Use This Route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyMe

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2014
Messages
22
I have 1st Class Advance Single (Out and Return) tickets from East Croydon to Coventry on Friday 23rd Dec.

The routes shown for the East Croydon to London and back portions of the journey are:

Outward - East Croydon to London Bridge and then tube to Euston
Return - tube from Euston to Victoria and then on to East Croydon

I haven't got the tickets yet but I don't think I will be tied to specific trains for the East Croydon-London portions of the jouney. Even if I am, there will be a good chance that those trains won't be running as they will be effected by the RMT strike. Hence my question...

Can I use these tickets via St Pancras for the outward and return journey? That is, East Croydon to St Pancras then tube to Euston and vice versa?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
Simply, yes.

Thameslink, Southern and Gatwick Express will accept each other’s tickets on the strike days.

In reality, I would not recommend you get the tube Euston - St Pancras, it is quicker to walk and is well signposted from outside Euston if you just head towards the WHSmith/M&S Food/Nandos corner of the station. If you must use the tube, it may be better to go from Euston Square to Farringdon, where it is a much easier change to Thameslink services.
 

AndyMe

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2014
Messages
22
Thanks causton.

Could I use this route even if there wasn't a strike?

And thanks for the walking sugestion, it definitely seems like the most sensible route.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top