Starting as a trainee driver in November and would like some advice on pension. I appreciate I'll find out more once I sign up to the pension with my TOC but just trying to plan ahead.
I currently have 12 years Fire service pension and would like to know if anyone has transferred a similar pension to their TOC's pension scheme. If so what benefit did it have to transfer rather than freeze and start again? Or can you not transfer?
I spoke to my current pension authority and they said I can transfer as long as it's a recognised pension authority. Would a TOC pension fall under this carergory or rather a private type?
I've never understood the pension scheme so any advice would be greatly received.
Thank you.
I currently have 12 years Fire service pension and would like to know if anyone has transferred a similar pension to their TOC's pension scheme. If so what benefit did it have to transfer rather than freeze and start again? Or can you not transfer?
I spoke to my current pension authority and they said I can transfer as long as it's a recognised pension authority. Would a TOC pension fall under this carergory or rather a private type?
I've never understood the pension scheme so any advice would be greatly received.
Thank you.