• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can I get an excess on a day return

Status
Not open for further replies.

tannedfrog

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2010
Messages
537
to turn it from a day return to a period return?

I mean the return portion only

The day return is £20 and the period is £24 so it's worth doing if I can, rather than buy a new single at £20
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2009
Messages
2,749
to turn it from a day return to a period return?

I mean the return portion only

The day return is £20 and the period is £24 so it's worth doing if I can, rather than buy a new single at £20

If you do the XS before the original ticket has expired, yes. So if you noticed during or immediately after your original journey that you wanted a return instead, and then asked the Guard or ticket office to amend it, then yes, you just pay the difference. If you turn up later, ie the next day or week, then no, that ticket has expired and it cannot be altered.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top