Hi guys,
My ticket was a day return from Frodsham to Huddersfield at about £17.80 (ish).
Came back from Huddersfield today, the train I was catching back (Newcastle to Man Pic) was delayed, due to vandalism further up the track. It was delayed by about 15-20 minutes and subsequently I arrived too late for the connection in Manchester to Chester/Frodsham. None of this was my fault and I arrived, annoyed, back at my destination one hour late.
What's the deal here with Delay Repay?
Is it Transpennine Express that I have to write to? Arriva Trains Wales? Some centralised body? Or, because the train was 20 minutes late into Manchester I don't get anything - it's my hard luck that the train (17:50) left as we pulled in at 17:51 ish?
For the avoidance of doubt, my connection time was over 10 minutes and it was an official NRE suggested connection.
Interested to see what the answer is on this one - I suspect that this is a query you've all heard before!
Many thanks.
My ticket was a day return from Frodsham to Huddersfield at about £17.80 (ish).
Came back from Huddersfield today, the train I was catching back (Newcastle to Man Pic) was delayed, due to vandalism further up the track. It was delayed by about 15-20 minutes and subsequently I arrived too late for the connection in Manchester to Chester/Frodsham. None of this was my fault and I arrived, annoyed, back at my destination one hour late.
What's the deal here with Delay Repay?
Is it Transpennine Express that I have to write to? Arriva Trains Wales? Some centralised body? Or, because the train was 20 minutes late into Manchester I don't get anything - it's my hard luck that the train (17:50) left as we pulled in at 17:51 ish?
For the avoidance of doubt, my connection time was over 10 minutes and it was an official NRE suggested connection.
Interested to see what the answer is on this one - I suspect that this is a query you've all heard before!
Many thanks.
