• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can I choose the change point with AP tix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

button_boxer

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
1,271
Yes multiple vias would help, sometimes I've managed to simulate it by picking an intermediate point even though the train isn't scheduled to call there.
Looking at the map I guess it might be able to do something like that for Blackpool Nottingham but having quickly looked at the map it would probably be difficult to fine one that takes in Leeds and Derby so then you are left with one via point

Via Belper?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Joined
16 Apr 2010
Messages
4,235
Location
Reading
I tried Belper and Duffield but neither seem to be timing points for any CrossCountry service heading north from Derby? Or were you able to get it to work?
 

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
Try Wakefield Westgate - it gives advance tickets (but not via Derby).

Peter
 

cuccir

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2009
Messages
3,695
It is odd how it works however. Lets take the 1700 London Kings Cross - Edinburgh service, very few APs because it is a ticket from Kings Cross in the peak, however a lot of people get off at York. I am not sure if they have a quota from York - Edinburgh to resell the seats vacated from the London - York passengers, saying that they will probably have made the money on that seat anyway!

I've always noticed that East Coast tend to have better availability of advance tickets when I'm travelling north rather than south (from Durham), relatively close to the date of travel. This suggests that there's a different quota based on each stop, though this might be relatively straight forward on East Coast's network, compared to someone like Cross Country's.

However, I presume that if I booked a Durham - York ticket I would indeed be 'blocking' a potential Edinburgh to Kings Cross advance <D; but someone could still book the seat Edinburgh - Durham, and York - London.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top