• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can I break my journey with a anytime day single ticket?

summerb

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2026
Messages
12
Location
Uk
I was going to ask if it is allowed for one to break one's journey. For example, if I buy a ticket travelling from Stratford to Beaulieu park, can I come off at let's say Chelmsford, then later that day use same ticket to go to Beaulieu park? More like stops on the route of your journey???
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43010

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2023
Messages
33
Location
Crediton
Yes, you can - see the attached screenshot from the GWR app, stating that 'Break of journey is allowed' using an Anytime Single from Stratford (London) to Beaulieu Park. Moreover, as per the National Rail Enquiries website:
With an Anytime ticket, you may need to travel by a specific route or train company but your ticket will state this. You are allowed to break your journey at any point, or more than once if you wish. This means that you do not have to make the whole of your journey at the same time or, where allowed, on the same day.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260714-064236.png
    Screenshot_20260714-064236.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 16

Top