• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can any station replace a faded season ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stut

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
1,924
My experience is that you often have to insist. FCC used to produce a half-decent form that you could print off which gave instructions to the ticket office staff, but I haven't seen that recently.

Mind you, I've also had FCC staff in London tell me they can't issue an excess fare from off-peak to anytime, so maybe the issue goes deeper...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

louis97

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2008
Messages
2,154
Location
Derby
It's a good job the system for replacing a gold card with SWT is quick. The P19 barriers at Waterloo eat mine on such a regular basis that I'm on my sixth gold card since January!

Same problem on a few barriers at Waterloo!

Was reported in the recent webchat: http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/archive.aspx?p=6 - Question 152.

Month or so after this the barriers destroyed my friends gold card, he went to speak to management at Waterloo and they said they had no idea about the fault! He has since been in touch with Tim Shoveller!
 

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
Every ticket has it's issuing location on it, down to the sales point and machine numbers. If a member of staff wants to know where it was issued, they CAN find out and in many cases quite quickly. Bear in mind that it is in the passenger's interest to make sure the ticket details are updated, incase the passenger needs a refund on the ticket at a later date. Even an entirely faded ticket could have it's issuing location identified.

Interesting. Not sure if all the staff at the Euston London Midland ticket office would know how to do that quickly, given how long it takes them to issue replacements. Or perhaps the method of identify where it was sold is far quicker than actually dealing with the issue of replacing it.

I do think it would be in their interests to speed the process up. I'm sure it must be costing them money. In fact I'd love to know how much the rail industry as a whole has to spend on reissuing tickets that fail. Can't be cheap. Each ticket might be but combined.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Same problem on a few barriers at Waterloo!

Was reported in the recent webchat: http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/archive.aspx?p=6 - Question 152.

Month or so after this the barriers destroyed my friends gold card, he went to speak to management at Waterloo and they said they had no idea about the fault! He has since been in touch with Tim Shoveller!

There is one perticular barrier at Harrow and Wealdstone which destorys the magnetic strip on my ticket. The staff said contact TFL directly but I never did because I don't know who to contact. I doubt custmor services would understand because the ticket barrier appears to be working normally.

However when you insert the ticket, howeevr it takes it, it ends up going through the machine to slowley and it damges the magnetic strip.

I've learnt to not put it through if I think it's going to happen. Sometimes I'm 4 attempts at putting it through. Rather than than a trip to the ticket office to replace it.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top