I see so you think the A66 runs through built up urban areas which is what i was referring to or have you deliberately misread /misrepresented my posts about constrained urban areas because you don't have an answer to how you can expand urban road space without demolition? One suspects its the latter -this is clearly a very inconvenient truth for you.
I also note you choose not to identify the country's in the world that have solved road congestion by building more road capacity. Can you tell us? - No because no one has.
Well I called you out as an Induced Traffic Denier and I was correct. I'll stick to the evidence rather than wishful thinking thank you.
"47% increase on background levels of new schemes", just because other road traffic is increasing doesn't mean the new roads wont increase it by even more....
http://www.cpre.org.uk/resources/tr...-road-challenging-the-road-building-consensus
Ah, yet more obfuscation!
I didn't mention urban projects because it's completely irrelevant to this thread and was only introduced by you as a straw man argument because you could not rebut my point that most non-motorists are not fanatical bigots.
This thread has been discussing the different levels of tax-payer funding for road and rail improvements. When I stated that most people are not opposed to sensible investment in roads, your response was a rant about knocking down houses and hospitals in favour of urban roads, which by no stretch of anyone's imagination would constitute sensible investment. Classical straw man tactics!
I pointed out a major flaw in your "logic" and again you were unable to refute my argument. So you introduced straw man no 2: a report from 1994 and a second irrelevant rant about roads.
I challenged the main thrust of your feverish nonsense by citing the case of Hastings and, yet again, you could not put forward a valid counter-argument. So we had yet another irrelevant rant.
You claim to have "outed" me. The only person you have "outed" in this thread is yourself: your personality, your debating tactics and your inability to argue rationally.
As it is pointless to try to engage with someone intellectually dishonest, I'm putting you on my ignore list.