I have just started planning a 7 day 1st class ALR from Feb 4th, which entails leaving home early on the Sunday and not returning home till week later, be using sleeper berths for 6 nights, preliminary plan is
Sunday
Tiverton Parkway-Plymouth-Manchester Pic-Glasgow-London[sleeper]
Monday
London-Montrose-Inverness-London[sleeper]
Tuesday
London-Manchester-London-Par[Pullman]-London[sleper]
Wednesday
London-Chippenham-London-Swansea[Pullmman]-London-Aviemore[sleeper]
Thursday
Aviemore-London-Warrington-London-Glasgow[sleeper]
Friday
Glasgow-London-Manchester Pic-London-Aviemore[sleeper]
Saturday
Aviemore-London-Tiverton Parkway
On these trips I tend to use Virgin mostly as one gets food and plenty of various drinks, I know there are more interesting trains to do, but as going first class I tend to like longer journeys and nicer ambience generally, Ill do a full day by day report on trip, but have found my reports not to have much interest, so what makes a good report? Thanks for any advice.
Sunday
Tiverton Parkway-Plymouth-Manchester Pic-Glasgow-London[sleeper]
Monday
London-Montrose-Inverness-London[sleeper]
Tuesday
London-Manchester-London-Par[Pullman]-London[sleper]
Wednesday
London-Chippenham-London-Swansea[Pullmman]-London-Aviemore[sleeper]
Thursday
Aviemore-London-Warrington-London-Glasgow[sleeper]
Friday
Glasgow-London-Manchester Pic-London-Aviemore[sleeper]
Saturday
Aviemore-London-Tiverton Parkway
On these trips I tend to use Virgin mostly as one gets food and plenty of various drinks, I know there are more interesting trains to do, but as going first class I tend to like longer journeys and nicer ambience generally, Ill do a full day by day report on trip, but have found my reports not to have much interest, so what makes a good report? Thanks for any advice.