• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Calvert tip info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2015
Messages
1,880
Hi all,

I have a particular interest in waste and recycling, and was looking to get info on how often trains are in/ out of Calvert daily/ weekly?

also is there a safe spot to view the trains from, I have not been to the area yet but plan to soon.

thank you
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12LDA28C

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2022
Messages
5,058
Hi all,

I have a particular interest in waste and recycling, and was looking to get info on how often trains are in/ out of Calvert daily/ weekly?

also is there a safe spot to view the trains from, I have not been to the area yet but plan to soon.

thank you

You're aware of course that there are currently no trains running to Calvert and in fact the track has been lifted north of Quainton station? Nor can any trains access Calvert from the north.
 

Ladder23

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2015
Messages
1,880
You're aware of course that there are currently no trains running to Calvert and in fact the track has been lifted north of Quainton station? Nor can any trains access Calvert from the north.
Nope, not at all!

When did this happen and where do the trains now take waste?
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,306
Access was closed and track lifted at the north end of the Quainton Rd site towards the end of 2021. Don’t know the exact date.
 

12LDA28C

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2022
Messages
5,058
Nope, not at all!

When did this happen and where do the trains now take waste?

Around 18 months ago the line was closed for HS2 and EWR construction. Waste traffic rerouted to Severnside and Appleford I think. Calvert will re-open eventually although the unloading area is to be relocated I believe.
 

Ladder23

Established Member
Joined
29 Oct 2015
Messages
1,880
Access was closed and track lifted at the north end of the Quainton Rd site towards the end of 2021. Don’t know the exact date.
Cheers for the info, appreciate it

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Around 18 months ago the line was closed for HS2 and EWR construction. Waste traffic rerouted to Severnside and Appleford I think. Calvert will re-open eventually although the unloading area is to be relocated I believe.
Thanks so much for the added info, I can’t believe I never knew
 

12LDA28C

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2022
Messages
5,058
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top