• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caley sleeper advance club member 1st class for £99 return query

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishchris

Member
Joined
4 May 2011
Messages
65
Does anyone know if it's possible to return to a different point from where the journey started with this offer? I quite fancy taking in both the Highland and West Highland lines by starting from Fort Bill and ending up in Inverness or vice-versa.

I know 1 suggestion might be to rely on the good nature of the hosts at the trainside. That'd only be a last resort as I'm going to need to buy advances for positioning moves to and from INV and FTW.

Thanks in advance, you guys haven't let me down yet!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yew

Established Member
Joined
12 Mar 2011
Messages
7,244
Location
UK
I would suggest telesales would be your best bet I dont think you'll be able to manipulate a booking engine to do it.
 

scottishchris

Member
Joined
4 May 2011
Messages
65
Thanks, Yew-I was planning to do it through telesales, especially with it being a bit non-standard.

I'm guessing if it's possible they might be able to do something along the lines of issuing a return back to the original station but issue the reservations to the appropriate stations? Either that or I seem to remember talk of an easement that applies between INV and FTW, something along the lines of being able to go to Skye via either Kyle or Mallaig. Anybody able to elaborate?
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Last year I was informed by telesales that this is not possible.

You never know though so worth giving it a try.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
There is a local Scottish easement which allows passengers travelling from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Kyle of Localsh to return via Mallaig.

It's not documented anywhere but I did email Scotrail last year to ask if it existed and they told me it did.

I'm not sure it would help with what you're planning to do but it might be worth investigating.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top