Hi,
As a treat for my son, I'm planning a trip on the Caledonian Sleeper - probably as far as Fort William. (We live on the south coast so will be an epic outing for him.) I'm planning on staying in Scotland for a couple of days before taking the same back south again - does anyone have any recommendations for the most striking rail journey(s) in Scotland to take while we're there? He loves modern electric or diesel as much as heritage steam - and I'd be happy with a view to look at while drinking a coffee!
Any help much appreciated, and many thanks in advance.
As a treat for my son, I'm planning a trip on the Caledonian Sleeper - probably as far as Fort William. (We live on the south coast so will be an epic outing for him.) I'm planning on staying in Scotland for a couple of days before taking the same back south again - does anyone have any recommendations for the most striking rail journey(s) in Scotland to take while we're there? He loves modern electric or diesel as much as heritage steam - and I'd be happy with a view to look at while drinking a coffee!
Any help much appreciated, and many thanks in advance.