xc170
Member
- Joined
- 9 Feb 2008
- Messages
- 815
Evening,
I'm mulling over the idea of a trip on the Caledonian Sleeper in the new year, it's been a few years since I last did it.
I've done Edinburgh and Glasgow both in the seated carriage, I've never done Fort William, Inverness or Aberdeen so one of them will be my preferred destination.
As said above I've only ever done the seated sleeper but I've never got more than two hours sleep, this was okay a few years ago when I was a bit younger but these days I need a few more hours sleep so I'll be paying for a berth. The new Mk5 seated coach doesn't look too comfortable for a journey of several hours anyway.
What route is likely to be quietest and potentially cheapest in Jan/Feb?
Also, what day is best to do the sleeper to get the best fare, or is there not that much variation?
Any other tips greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
I'm mulling over the idea of a trip on the Caledonian Sleeper in the new year, it's been a few years since I last did it.
I've done Edinburgh and Glasgow both in the seated carriage, I've never done Fort William, Inverness or Aberdeen so one of them will be my preferred destination.
As said above I've only ever done the seated sleeper but I've never got more than two hours sleep, this was okay a few years ago when I was a bit younger but these days I need a few more hours sleep so I'll be paying for a berth. The new Mk5 seated coach doesn't look too comfortable for a journey of several hours anyway.
What route is likely to be quietest and potentially cheapest in Jan/Feb?
Also, what day is best to do the sleeper to get the best fare, or is there not that much variation?
Any other tips greatly appreciated!
Thanks.