NightatLaira
Member
- Joined
- 14 Jun 2010
- Messages
- 490
East Coast routings of the CL get a lot of coverage here - but I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the non-standard routings of the CL when on its ordinary WCML route.
For instance: Trent Valley or Bescot?
I've been on the lowland sleeper about 6 or 7 times and have been through Coventry-Stechford-Bescot-Stafford at least 3 times, on one memorable occasion we even went via Aston and Wolverhampton!
Whenever I've done the Highland Sleeper it's always gone through the Trent Valley - but has a Highland ever done B'ham instead?
Are these routes planned at all or just made up on the night by the signallers in question?
2. Northampton & Daventry? Does that ever happen?
3. Glasgow Central Low Level (for the deerstalker) - I've been through here at least once on a southbound working, but not on a northbound.
4. Has the CL ever been routed from Crewe through to Manchester instead of Warrington BQ?
For instance: Trent Valley or Bescot?
I've been on the lowland sleeper about 6 or 7 times and have been through Coventry-Stechford-Bescot-Stafford at least 3 times, on one memorable occasion we even went via Aston and Wolverhampton!
Whenever I've done the Highland Sleeper it's always gone through the Trent Valley - but has a Highland ever done B'ham instead?
Are these routes planned at all or just made up on the night by the signallers in question?
2. Northampton & Daventry? Does that ever happen?
3. Glasgow Central Low Level (for the deerstalker) - I've been through here at least once on a southbound working, but not on a northbound.
4. Has the CL ever been routed from Crewe through to Manchester instead of Warrington BQ?