• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper 'authority to travel'

Status
Not open for further replies.

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Hi all,

I've just booked some Caledonian Sleeper reservations over the phone. I wasn't in possession of my super off peak return from Bicester North to Aberdeen at the time but have since bought one at my local ticket office. My seated sleeper reservations have been sent to me via e-mail as an 'authority to travel', giving my case reference, reservation reference and reservation itself. Can I just confirm that all I need to do is print the authority to travel out and show it before boarding along with my ticket?

Many thanks,

FQ.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

b9_624

Member
Joined
5 Aug 2017
Messages
19
Hi all,

I've just booked some Caledonian Sleeper reservations over the phone. I wasn't in possession of my super off peak return from Bicester North to Aberdeen at the time but have since bought one at my local ticket office. My seated sleeper reservations have been sent to me via e-mail as an 'authority to travel', giving my case reference, reservation reference and reservation itself. Can I just confirm that all I need to do is print the authority to travel out and show it before boarding along with my ticket?

Many thanks,

FQ.

Whenever I’ve been on the sleeper then you don’t need to print out or show your reservations to anyone, just get on the seated coach and the guard comes along and checks your tickets just after leaving Euston (Highland) or before departure (Lowland).

That’s if I’ve understood your question right, you’re asking whether you need to show your reservation to prove you have one?
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,851
Location
Epsom
If it specifically says "authority to travel" on it and has your reservation details visible, you'll be fine. I've been on the Sleeper more than once with such a piece of paper, albeit for the berths rather than the seated bit.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Excellent, thanks guys!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top