Hi all
Something I’ve noticed and always wondered what they are / what purpose they serve.
In the tunnel / Frethun / Calais Ville triangle, there seems to be at least two platforms with direct access into large manmade bunkeresque mounds of earth, with access into the ‘bunkers’ running the length of the platforms at various points.
They’re visible from the Eurostar on the High Speed Line, and curve towards the tunnel at their West end / Calais Ville towards the east. At a guess, I’d assume they can accommodate full length Eurostar set, and they seem to be too far away from the Eurotunnel terminal to serve that’s purpose. There doesn’t appear to be any signage on the platforms, so I’m guessing they're for some sort of emergency use, but that still doesn’t explain what the ‘bunkers’ are for.
Anybody have any idea?
Something I’ve noticed and always wondered what they are / what purpose they serve.
In the tunnel / Frethun / Calais Ville triangle, there seems to be at least two platforms with direct access into large manmade bunkeresque mounds of earth, with access into the ‘bunkers’ running the length of the platforms at various points.
They’re visible from the Eurostar on the High Speed Line, and curve towards the tunnel at their West end / Calais Ville towards the east. At a guess, I’d assume they can accommodate full length Eurostar set, and they seem to be too far away from the Eurotunnel terminal to serve that’s purpose. There doesn’t appear to be any signage on the platforms, so I’m guessing they're for some sort of emergency use, but that still doesn’t explain what the ‘bunkers’ are for.
Anybody have any idea?