• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caladonian Sleeper - Can you board at Edinburgh / Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar46016

Member
Joined
15 Jan 2018
Messages
545
Location
Cardiff
and go to Inverness / Fort William - and would you need to book or can you just turn up with a valid ticket ( like an all-line? )
Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexf380

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2011
Messages
1,417
Location
Musselburgh, Scotland
Northbound, you can only board the Fort William portion at Edinburgh. I think it's reservation only but I'm not sure, best to give their guest services a call, but with an all lines rover ticket you'd only need a reservation to travel in the seats at no extra cost. Fyi an all lines rover ticket does need to be valid on the morning you arrive at your destination to use it on the sleeper.
 

Oscar46016

Member
Joined
15 Jan 2018
Messages
545
Location
Cardiff
Northbound, you can only board the Fort William portion at Edinburgh. I think it's reservation only but I'm not sure, best to give their guest services a call, but with an all lines rover ticket you'd only need a reservation to travel in the seats at no extra cost. Fyi an all lines rover ticket does need to be valid on the morning you arrive at your destination to use it on the sleeper.
Thanks Alex - thats worth knowing.
 

D6130

Established Member
Joined
12 Jan 2021
Messages
9,111
Location
West Yorkshire/Tuscany
I thought that you could also board the Northbound sleeper at Dalmuir, Dumbarton Central, Helensburgh Upper or any subsequent stop if holding a seat reservation? (Possibly also Glasgow Queen Street Low Level too....but it sometimes diverts away from there due to engineering works or when running very late.). I'm of course open to correction.
 

alexf380

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2011
Messages
1,417
Location
Musselburgh, Scotland
I thought that you could also board the Northbound sleeper at Dalmuir, Dumbarton Central, Helensburgh Upper or any subsequent stop if holding a seat reservation? (Possibly also Glasgow Queen Street Low Level too....but it sometimes diverts away from there due to engineering works or when running very late.). I'm of course open to correction.

Sorry I should clarify; you can board only the Fort William at Edinburgh i.e. not the Aberdeen or Inverness.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,373
You can still board the northbound Inverness sleeper at Kingussie, and stations further north, but not at Edinburgh and Glasgow, and not the southbound portion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top