Anonymous10
Established Member
It's great news however tempered with the 11:00 from milford haven being 150280 to Manchester. I hope this is the end of 2 cars on the route to Manchester.
Are the ETCS 197s not still a while away from entering service?Absolutely great stuff, hopefully the 756’s and ERTMS 197’s can mean there are extra units available to go with it
Can't see any but it does give a lot more flexibility.Thats excellent news. Will there be any booked workings of 5 cars from next week or wait until more 197s can come into service?
No they're very close now but will run on the mainline to cover mostly for the poor availability of the other sets.Are the ETCS 197s not still a while away from entering service?
I think the first has been signed off for non ERTMS working and they will run with ERTMS isolated. I was told about 4 or 5 months ago that the best estimate was September next year for the Cambrian getting them, but that could be further back now as they were due to come down for testing in September which never happened.Are the ETCS 197s not still a while away from entering service?
It looks like the 150 was swapped with a 197 for the Cardiff-Manchester part but it was still a 2 car train.It's great news however tempered with the 11:00 from milford haven being 150280 to Manchester. I hope this is the end of 2 cars on the route to Manchester.
Yes any extra 197s in service will be a massive bonus.Can't see any but it does give a lot more flexibility.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
No they're very close now but will run on the mainline to cover mostly for the poor availability of the other sets.
Been like that for months now - they are failing at a higher rate than the depot can cope with I think!Passed Chester Depot yesterday afternoon. There was a line of 197 units stretching behind the depot probably awaiting attention.
Not fitted as far as I’m aware.Pair of 197s allocated to 1J23 off BHI this afternoon: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:L42558/2024-11-01/detailed#allox_id=0
RTT showing a 6 car formation - 2 x 197s and 1 x 158 unit - between International, Shrewsbury, and Machynlleth.
2J23 portion splitting at MCN for Pwllheli set for the 2 x 197 units, with 1J23 continuing to Aberystwyth with the 158: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:L42558/2024-11-01/detailed#allox_id=0
Anyone know if 197046 and 197007 are ERTMS fitted, or is this likely an error somewhere down the line with RTT digital system data feeds?
Do enough crew sign them yet only that route?Not fitted as far as I’m aware.
They'll get swapped out. RTT feeds can be slow to update.Anyone know if 197046 and 197007 are ERTMS fitted, or is this likely an error somewhere down the line with RTT digital system data feeds?
Control can also be slow to update the allocations, or not de-allocate correctly.They'll get swapped out. RTT feeds can be slow to update.
How can a 197 not be cleared for Birmingham? Are they not the same as a 196?197s are also not cleared for Birmingham, so they'll be swapped. TFW are short of 158s at the moment so there appears to be a number of 197s stepping in where they can.
Physical dimensions yes, the 197’s go to Tyseley as well.How can a 197 not be cleared for Birmingham? Are they not the same as a 196?
197s go up there too when they go for attention at Tyseley but in service 197s aren't permitted. Believe one of the main reasons is the ASDO database approval as far as I'm aware it's isolated on 196s. With effectively all Birmingham diagrams coming to/from the Cambrian operationally it's not a huge benefit sending them to Birmingham and it's also has Machynlleth crews going there who aren't trained. There's been far more urgent things to get cleared firdtsuch as 5 car Shrewsbury to Manchester.How can a 197 not be cleared for Birmingham? Are they not the same as a 196?
Why did it need two 37's, I wonder.37884 and 37601 dropped off 197028 at Crewe depot tonight.
I know 03, 24, and 30 have reached Crewe and I seem to recall seeing a WNXX picture with 31 and 33, and now 028, so is my list accurate and are there others? Fairly sure 29 also been.37884 and 37601 dropped off 197028 at Crewe depot tonight.
003 has been at Crewe but has since disappeared. 030, 024, 035 and 028 at Crewe depot. Don't know where 029, 033 and 31 are.I know 03, 24, and 30 have reached Crewe and I seem to recall seeing a WNXX picture with 31 and 33, and now 028, so is my list accurate and are there others? Fairly sure 29 also been.
That’s 1/3rd of the Cambrians with 126 still to come I assume.
How many at Donnington?
Both 37s were used during the movement. 37884 went to Wembley and 37601 went to Derby RTC.Why did it need two 37's, I wonder.
Haha! Good to see I’m not completely off my nut.197s go up there too when they go for attention at Tyseley but in service 197s aren't permitted. Believe one of the main reasons is the ASDO database approval as far as I'm aware it's isolated on 196s. With effectively all Birmingham diagrams coming to/from the Cambrian operationally it's not a huge benefit sending them to Birmingham and it's also has Machynlleth crews going there who aren't trained. There's been far more urgent things to get cleared firdtsuch as 5 car Shrewsbury to Manchester.
Beaten to it by @Lurcheroo writing pretty much the same thing!
Helpful thanks.003 has been at Crewe but has since disappeared. 030, 024, 035 and 028 at Crewe depot. Don't know where 029, 033 and 31 are.
3x 2 UNI 197 at Donnington and 197126 has arrived today.
126 at Donnington RFT.Helpful thanks.
Do you mean126 to Crewe or Donnington?
Thanks.126 at Donnington RFT.
Some sprinters west of Swansea today too on the Pembroke line.TFW seem to be short of 197s today made worse with quite a few covering for MK4s. Both of the Swanlines are Sprinters, a 150 on one diagram and a single 153 on rhe other.
Edit - the afternoon Swansea - Abergavenny appears to be a 197 now. Swapped from a single 153 that was showing earlier.